Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Add "All Pages"
of the term "
] is a type of
or part of a
. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal
. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs,
, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. (
Tips for Starting a Blog
Choose the right platform
- there are many free educational solutions for blogging in the list below, each one offers different/unique capabilities.
Choose a topic/niche
- all blogs are about something, have a purpose and audience for what you are writing about.
Promote/market your blog
- after you start creating posts it's important to market your blog to other readers/bloggers to build your audience.
- sometimes adding multimedia content (photos, video, etc) can be a nice way to engage your audiences interest.
- allowing people to comment on your posts is vital to building a collaborative environment. However, do so w/ comment moderation enabled so nothing inappropriate can be posted on your site.
"How to video" using Kidblog
Bob Furst's wiki
(retired Technology Director District 57, Mt. Prospect IL) - online course designed to introduce web 2.0 & blogging
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"